Why Staging is essential and will be a good investment!
Updated: Jan 5, 2020
When you walk into a model home what do you feel? Model homes use staging for a reason. You see the home as a home. You feel at home. There are not photos of anyone, clutter, or specific personal tastes. Builders use this technique to appeal to a broad array of buyers. And it works!
Selling your home is a marketing plan. Think about the reason you are selling and focus on that when you are taking down family pictures. Focus on the new chapter you are about to start. It is hard to detach from the place you called home. In order for people to visualize themselves in your home they need to see it and feel at home.
Your home is one of MANY on the Market. Make yours be the one they get all the feels for and stand out above the rest.
1) Make the curb appeal and front door inviting - Prospective buyers drive by. First impressions are what will sell your house.
2) Declutter- Remove personal photos, things you can pack away, boxes etc. Anything that will distract the buyers from concentrating on the house. Too many furniture piece will make the square footage seem smaller. Clutter makes the home seem like is does not have enough storage.
3) Clean house- Make sure your home smells good and is clean.
4) Freshen up- Bold colors can deter people from seeing the homes bones. A little paint can transform a room in a big way.
5) Repairs- If possible make repairs. This will help on home inspection, appraisal and not overwhelming buyers.
Staging can save you from a costly price reduction. A staged home will sell for 17% more on average than a non-staged home, and 95% of staged homes sell in 11 days or less.
The good news is that is what Birdcage Staging & Design is here for! We know the psychology of staging and the technique so your home can be presented at its best!
For NAR's statistics on the effects of staging check it out:
Illustration source of RESA
Article by Leslea Williams